I love baked oatmeal, and I also love carrot cake…
So what do I make?
Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal!
Adapted from Chocolate Cover Katie’s Reeses PB Cup Baked Oatmeal
I absolutely love her blog by the way…
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (50g)
- 1/4 cup mashed banana (or sub another mashed fruit)
- 1/4 cup milk of choice or nondairy creamer
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup of shredded carrots
- Optional: choice of nuts like pecans or almonds
Preheat oven to 380 degrees. Combine all ingredients and mix well. (If peanut butter was in the fridge, you might want to heat it up a little so it’s easier to stir.) Pour into a greased 1-cup ramekin, or two 1/2-cup ramekins, or a mini-loaf pan. Cook for 20 minutes or more, until it gets firm. Finally, set your oven to “high broil” for 3 more minutes, or until it reaches desired crispy-ness (or simply just bake longer, but broiling gives it a nice crust). (Recipe directions and initial measurements by Chocolate Covered Katie)